LAKE CHARLES PASTRY CHEFS CELEBRATE SWEET SUCCESS; TAKE TOP HONORS AT PASTRY LIVE COMPETITION IN ATLANTA, GA.
BEST SUGAR SHOWPIECE AWARDED TO CORI SCHLEMMER & RACHEL YOUNG
Cori Schlemmer and Rachel Young
L’Auberge Casino Resort Lake Charles chefs Cori Schlemmer and Rachel Young won the top national prize in the Best Sugar Showpiece category. This is the 2nd national win in a row for L’Auberge pastry chefs as they once again competed against chefs from around the world!
Pastry Live highlights:
- Chefs had to construct their sculptures using three pedestals and just 7 hours to finish their work
- This year’s theme: Toys
- L’Auberge entry made entirely out of sugar:
- Entitled ‘Free Bird’: It featured two marionettes made from pulled and blown sugar pieces… attempting to free their strings and escape on their Radio Flyer
Judges praised the piece for:
- A figurine of Pinocchio balancing on the handlebars
- Flawless appearance and construction
- High degree of skill used by the all-female team
- Chef Schlemmer assisted last year’s top winner, Chef Bill Foltz, but this is her first time entering as team leader.
Photos are attached. The press release is also posted here
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 337.395.7631 for additional information, photos or interviews with our chefs. Have a sweet day!
Founded in Lake Charles, LA. Subscribe to Exposure today and receive a digital copy of Exposure Magazine mailed directly to your inbox every month. It's free to subscribe!