Go Group Community Update
What Is This? A City For Ants?
On April 14, the Southwest Louisiana Task Force for Growth and Opportunity (GO Group) held a public meeting to update the community on GO Group efforts, to allow for local industry to provide updates with regard to their respective projects, to release a report on temporary housing, and to review IMCAL’s Long Range Transportation Plan.
David Conner Is So Hot Right Now
GO Group Housing Committee Chairman David Conner presented findings of the Temporary Housing component of the Five Parish Regional Housing Study, Strategic Plan and Implementation Strategy conducted by the SWLA Economic Alliance.
"We have completed the Temporary Housing component and have chosen to release it at the GO Group public meeting because of the time sensitivity of the issue," said Conner, VP of Economic Development with the Alliance SWLA.
“With the magnitude of the construction workforce that will be needed to make this economic boom a reality, temporary housing is one of the critical issues that this community must address. The decisions are upon us now and the decisions we make will affect us for many years to come."
The City Has To Be At Least... 3 Times Bigger Than This.
- Unmet demand for housing for temporary construction workers is currently projected to be above 10,000 units and peaking in 2017/2018.
- Well managed Temporary Worker Villages is the recommended option for the bulk of these workers.
- The consequences and impact to the community is of great concern if managed temporary housing is not available.
He's Absolutely Right.
- Encompasses the entire Calcasieu Parish area unlike previous plans for just the Metropolitan area;
- Identifies projects to improve within the next five years and projects for the next 10 to 20 years to plan and search for funding;
- Identifies deficiencies in roadways, needed areas for transit, and outlines projected needs for future announcements.
Also At This Meeting
About the Go Group
The GO Group, formed in early 2013, is focused on developing strategies to ensure the successful implementation of planned economic development projects for Southwest Louisiana. It was formed by local community leaders, stakeholders, and elected officials to identify the various socioeconomic issues involved with such projects. For more
information on the GO Group, visit www.gogroupswla.com.
In Case You're Afraid To Click On The Red Words
Link to Housing Study:
Link to Transportation Plan:
Readers Also Enjoyed...or, at least they clicked on...
Founded in Lake Charles, LA. Subscribe to Exposure today and receive a digital copy of Exposure Magazine mailed directly to your inbox every month. It's free to subscribe!